Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Weight Loss Journey - mid month check in

Hi, it's me again!

I've now been on my healthy eating plan for 15 days.  I'm super duper excited to report that I've already lost weight.

 Do you remember my initial weight?


Jan 1st, 2011 - 177 lbs

Well, 15 days in and this is where I'm at...
Jan 15, 2011 - 168 lbs!!!
 
Yes!!  Success!!  I'm weighing in at 168 lbs.
Now, before I  go any further I DO KNOW that the first couple of weeks are the easiest to loose weight.
I know this, because I have lost those same exact 9 pounds a hundred times in the past 4 years!
But it is a great motivator to keep going (along with all your sweet comments!!)
WHAT I'VE DONE RIGHT IN THE LAST 15 DAYS!!
  •  I'm focusing on drinking my 8 glasses of water a day.
  • I'm not snacking past 7:00 p.m. (which is about 3-4 hours before my bedtime)
  • I'm trying to eat breakfast regulary.
  • I'm watching my portions. I've replaced my dinner plate with my salad plate .
  • Limiting my sugar intake. Sweet cravings are taken cared of with fruit.
  • I'm drinking a full glass of water 15-20 minutes before every meal (usually while I'm making the meal).
MY CHALLENGES
  • If you read closely above I say "I'm trying to eat breakfast".  This is still my biggest challenge
  • EXERCISE!!! This continues to haunt me. I'm truggling with this part.
GOING FORWARD
I'm adding a few items to help me with my weight loss goals.
At the suggestion of a friend (Hi Jen :-)) I've picked up this:



When I was nursing my son, and in constant upper back pain, I started doing yoga classes. 
I loved it!
I loved the Yoga instructor that I had at the time, but I have no idea where she has moved to.
Yoga, helped relax my upper body and after an hour of doing it I felt I had gotten a good work out.
It's also aimed at strengthing the core, my biggest and weakest problem area.
And...

I'm going to start with Shaklee's Own Weight Loss Program.
(at first I was hesitant to recommend any programs or take supplements, But I've done my research, talked to enough people and I know that Cinch will help me with my weight loss challenges and goals)

Why I'm trying CINCH"

I believe in Shaklee!  I stand behind the Shaklee Philosophy as a distributor myself.

 One of my challenges has been to fit in breakfast. I'm usually too busy in the morning feeding the kids and getting them off to school on time, and then running errands and before you know the morning has gone by and it's lunch time.

The Cinch Shakes are a complete meal and a no-brainer to make.
Prepared as directed, it has 24 grams of protein to keep you feeling satisfied.

This will be great to deal with my morning breakfast challenge.



I copied the following directly from the Shaklee website:

____________________________________________________________________

Say Hello to Cinch™
Cinch is Powered by Leucine™ and specially formulated to help you break the diet cycle, so you:
  • Keep muscle you have
  • Burn fat you don’t need
  • Lose inches you don’t want
The hard science behind a hard behind

In a recent clinical trial†, we tested our proprietary formula enhanced with leucine. (Leucine is a muscle-building amino acid found in protein rich foods.) This leucine-enhanced nutrition program was shown to help retain 100% of lean muscle mass. People in the program lost fat, weight, and inches while retaining their lean muscle.
† Findings based on lean mass estimates in a 12-week preliminary study.

A plan for the rest of us

As you get to know us, you’ll find we take your health very seriously, and ourselves, not so much. Cinch is designed to help you hang on to all-important muscle while you lose that all-jiggly fat. And it’s created by doctors who are, thankfully, also human. With Cinch, you eat food you look forward to. You can’t say that about cabbage soup.

So do your healthier self a favor and order a Cinch Starter Kit today. Then, take a good look at those extra inches of yours and get ready to give them a big smooch good-bye. Sayonara. Adios. Toodle-oo.




____________________________________________________________________


For anyone interested in trying Cinch, right now if you become a member with a minimum order of $70 you receive a CINCH SAMPLE PACK (retail value of $101.90).  Great idea if you have been wanting to try Shaklee Cleaning Products!!

Cinch<sup>®</sup> Starter Kits

The Sampler Pack includes the following:
  • 1 canister of Cinch® Shake Mix, Vanilla flavour (soy protein blend)
  •  1 box of Cinch® Snack Bars, Peanut Butter Crunch flavour
  • 1 box of Cinch® Energy Tea Mix, Pomegranate flavour
  • 1 Cinch Program Guide
  • 1 Cinch Pedometer (while supplies last)
  • 3 months of free introductory membership to CinchWellness.com (charges apply in the fourth month and beyond)
So I'll check in again on Feb 1st to let you know about my next weigh in.

Wish me luck!!

How are you doing?

What challenges are facing with your weight loss goals?  Any successes?

4 comments:

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

Congrats!!! I can't wait to continue to read about your success!!!
Bonnie :)

Beth said...

Congrats on your weight loss so far! How exciting! Thanks also for sharing what is working for you.

Melissa Miller said...

Congrats Bette! You are doing so well. :)

Melissa said...

Congratulations! This is a great start!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails