Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Menu Plan (Pantry Challenge edition)

This week I just don't feel like cooking!

(Do you ever feel like that?)

Yes, all week! But my family needs to eat (I guess I do too), so I will cook.

It's going to be an easy week though, cause we have a few birthday celebrations (hubby and our nephew).

I'm still cooking from stockpile and trying to empty the freezer.  I am getting there, I can almost see the bottom of freezer with two weeks to go.

Here's what we're eating:
( I know I'm a day late)

01 - 17 - pasta and home made beefy tomatoe sauce from freezer - (*read below)
01 - 18 - Chicken Paprikash, rice,  green salad (will make chicken broth for the freezer and rest of week's meals with carcass)
01 - 19 - Italian Wedding soup, garlic bread
01 - 20 - Beef Enchiladas (and I'm making my own enchilada sauce from this recipe)
01 - 21 - leftovers for kids and I (hubby is out at a hockey game)
01 - 22 - Hubby's b'day celebration - he wants steaks and steaks he shall get. :-)
01 - 23 - Big breakfast and late lunch at sister's house for nephew's first b'day celebration.

* While cooking the pasta for the dinner on 01-17, I accidently dumped the entire box of pasta (remember the free ones) in the pot.  Ugggh. I didn't have enough sauce for the entire box, so I decided to make pasta salad with the extra pasta which will be great for quick lunches for hubby and I.

I just added a bunch of leftovers from the fridge and it turned out great.



Here's what I dumped in there:

About 2 cups of cooked pasta
1/2 cup of halved grape tomatoes
1/2 cup of  chopped brocolli
Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
a bunch slices of roast beef from Sunday dinner
salad dressing (1/4 red wine vinegar, 1/3 olive oil, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp dijon mustard. 1 tsp garlic powder) I used enough to coat the pasta, the res will be for green salad dressing
salt and pepper

I'm linking up here, here and here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Last week I had no ambition to cook, and ended up not making a menu plan. So much for one of my pantry challenge goals...but I did manage to cook every night and use up more items from the pantry and freezer. I have made my menu plan for this week and will post it tonight! Feels good to be back on track!

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for your visit. I like your menu and recipe, I cook like this a lot..just adding things in and it's always good! ;D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails