Saturday, January 1, 2011

My scariest blog post evahhhh....

ACK!!  I can't believe I'm about to post this!!

Here it goes

If you read my post about 2011 Goals, then you will see that my goal this year is to get a healthy body back.  Actually if we go back to January 1, 2010, you will see that I said the same thing.  Yeap I did!  It was probably on my mind for a couple days and then forgotten like every other year before that.

Now before you scroll down to get a look at the before picture, let me explain how I got here. (yes, these are my excuses)
  1. I've been pregnant 3 times and I took every pregnancy as a free-for-all to eat what ever I wanted, whenever I wanted. My last two pregnancies were awful and I was put on bedrest for most of the pregnancies so I was miserable, so to compensate I A-T-E.  If it was edible and chocolate covered, I ate it (except for veggies).  And yes my last baby is now 4 and half.  And yes, I've had plenty of time to loose the baby weight.  Yeap, Excuse #1 is squashed to smitherenes!!
  2. I've had too many bodily injuries to work out. Well... not really!  About 6 years ago I tore my rotator cuff and some of the other muscles in my shoulder while removing carpet from my last house. For about 3-4 years I regulary have had times that I could not move my arm because of the pain.  However in the past 2 years I've been pretty good. Yeap Excuse #2 is squashed to smitherenes!!
  3. I don't have time.  Well... actually I do.  All three kids are now in school. So, I should really change that to I have not made time. Yeap you guessed Excuse #3 is squashed to smitherenes too!!
  4. I don't eat healthy. Well, I do eat healthy. However, I skip breakfast alot, I eat alot of sugary foods, I eat really big portions and I haven't met a carbohydrate I don't like.  I don't drink much water.  Oh yeah and I'm a chocoholic.
  5. My husband tells me he loves me whether I'm big or small, so why bother trying to look good. Yeap, I'm sure he does love me.  But I don't love me!  I don't feel good about how I look.  And I just don't feel good period.
So here it goes.... here's me on January 1, 2011!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
2010 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
(source)

(hmmm... how did that happen??)

Ok... here it goes...

(177 pounds- Jan 1, 2011)
 Yeap I am about 50 lbs overweight.
 (60 or 70 overweight from high school days.)

My current Stats as of January 1, 2011...

I'm 5' 3" tall
Weight: 177 lbs.
Bust: 43 inches

Waist: 42 inches
Hips: 41 inches
Arms: 13 1/2 inches
BMI: 31.35 (yikes)
(before I continue, I'm not endorsing any weight loss plan or program or drug or anything of the sorts... just so you know.)

In the past I've tried and tried many weight loss plans.  Yeap I've lost weight and then put it back on. Over and over again.  Probably making my metabolism slugish.

And now THE PLAN.
  1. I will eliminate refined sugars.
  2. I will drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily.
  3. I will eat 5-6 small meals every 2-3 hours.
  4. I will work out a minimum of 30 minutes daily.
  5. I will eat breakfast.
  6. I will not eat at night after 7 p.m.
  7. I will eat according to Canada's Food Guide.
  8. I will eat either fruits and/or vegetables at every meal.
  9. I will eat dessert occasionally. (Did I mention I am a chocoloholic??)
  10. I will weight in every Saturday and let you know how I'm doing monthly. 
 *

*


Ok... drum roll please...

*



*



*



*



*

(Ignore the mess in background.  Just keeping it real, peeps.)

I am an apple. 
(meaning I carry all my extra weight on top half... waist and back)

Probably the worst kind of fruit shape to be,
cause I'm carrying all my extra weight around my major organs.

Suffocating them.

So that's it.  Wish me luck.  Any tips would be appreciated.

I will check in soon with my progress. 

(Feel free to bug me!) (Be nice to me!)

Bette

7 comments:

Christina said...

Great resolutions, and I totally admire you for posting all of that. I could probably really benefit from doing that, but I REALLY am petrified of letting it all out there. Please keep us posted on your progress...I'll be cheering you on!! :)

Dara Lynn said...

Good luck Bette!! I admire you for giving it a try. I am in the waiting period for back surgery...so like you can't exercise... and don't see that happening any time soon. But I can control what goes in my mouth...apple to apple...you may give me that extra nudge to give it a try! I really admire you on this!

Melissa Miller said...

Bette I'm so proud of you for posting about this. You go go girl! You know I'm here for you for any support or advice you may need my friend.

Happy 2011! ~Melissa :)

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

You should try cinch!
http://creatingahouseofgrace.blogspot.com/2011/01/happy-new-year-and-weight-loss-special.html
Good luck!
Bonnie :)

Janet said...

I'm right here with you. I not only want to get in good physical shape but spiritual shape as well. I know we can do it if we stay focused.I will enjoy following your progress!

LoriD said...

Best of luck!

Two pieces of advice that are pretty easy:

1. Don't drink your calories. Choose water over anything; don't put sugar in your coffee; don't drink pop or juice.

2. Work strength training into your exercise plan 3 times a week. The more you build up your big muscles (like those in your legs) the better your body will be at burning calories. Try doing squats with weight on your shoulders (a four-year-old would work for this!)

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Good for you for setting yourself this goal. It isn't easy to do and really takes a change of eating habits which you seem to be working on. I really need to work on increasing the exercise.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails