Monday, August 30, 2010

Where I blog & Garage Sale Finds

How was your weekend?

This weekend I spent some time garage saleing by myself. I like going with others, but I find it faster to go alone (no one to wait for).

I found these:


The tealight candles were:  50 cents
The Clock was $1.00
Tealight holders: 50 cents each (one had the original tag for Winners for $4.99)
The Silver Caddy: 25 cents
The Boys clothes: 50 cents (perfect for first day of school)

So in total I spent $3.25!!  I'll show you later this week what I do with these finds.

So, Kate at Centsational Girl is having a Where do you Blog party, and since I love me a party, I decided to join in!


This is where you will find me most mornings and late evenings on my fave chair in the  Family Room. 
(hmmm... lampshade is crooked) 

When we updated our very dated family room furniture, I gotta me a Momma-Bear chair.
(that's what I call it)

On the little table beside it, is a little box with Muskoka's ashes (our last dog),
and some pictures of the kids when they were babies.
Of course, you will always find a drink there for me too (this time coffee).

I also have an "office" in the basement, but I only go down there when the kids are in school and I can get down there by myself without worrying about them.

So where do you blog?

I'm also linking up to some of these parties.

Please check out my online Shaklee Shop.

10 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Luv that momma bear chair...looks like a great place to sit and blog away! Come by and share your THRIFTY finds atmy party!

Blessings,
Linda

Menopausal New Mom said...

Oh I miss yard sales. I've only gone once or twice this Summer. Seems we either have company up to our necks or we are away at the cottage.

Lucky you, great finds!

Carry Grace said...

That looks like a nice comfy place to blog.

Sonny G said...

Now thats my kinda chair.. It looks so comfy.. Happy Blogging from that cozy spot you've made for yourself..

Sonny

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

Great finds! I love that silver caddy. I saw one last week at a craft store and they were asking 9.99!! I really wanted it but couldn't spend that much on it. You got a great deal!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You sure did find yourself some great deals. I just love hearing how little people pay for things, hate it when they brag about how much they pay...makes no sense to me. Your blogging chair looks so comfy. I'm usually at my dining table where I do most of my creating. Thanks for sharing.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You found some really good items. Love garage sales and the great bargains out there.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Great finds. Love the clock.

Kate Riley said...

There are so many people who blog from the comfort of their sofa or coziest chair, I am loving this ! Thanks so much for sharing your 'momma bear' chair today, honestly, I just want to curl up in it, crooked lampshade and all.
:-)
Hugs
Kate

René said...

I would be so comfy blogging from that chair that I might forget to pick the kids up from school.

-Rene

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails