- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 t. almond extract (or 2 t. vanilla)
- 2 c. flour
- 1 c. coarsely crushed pecans
- 1 small jar maraschino cherry halves
1. Beat butter until creamy. Add powdered sugar, extract and flour. Mix until combined and dough comes together.
2. Roll teaspoons of dough into balls then roll in crushed pecans to coat. Place balls on a baking sheet and make a finger-sized indentation in each ball. Place one cherry half in each cookie.
3. Bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Cool on wire racks.