This recipe is certainly one that the kids enjoy helping with and "taste testing"!! We used two kinds of jams that we had in the fridge. Do not add Jam if you plan on freezing. Add the jam just before serving
Ingredients1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- Separate egg, reserving egg white. Cream butter or margarine, sugar and egg yolk.
- Add vanilla, flour and salt, mixing well.
- Shape dough into balls. Roll in egg white, then nuts. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven. With thumb, dent each cookie. Put jelly or preserves in each thumbprint. Bake for another 8 minutes.