Friday, January 29, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

With my stomach bug under control,  my sweet tooth began to rear it's ugly head.

After searching my pantry for something sweet, I came accross a bag of chocolate chips.  All of a sudden visions of warm chocolate chip cookies popped into my head.

I quickly searched on my fave blogs 5 Dollar dinners and sure enough she had a recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies – Healthified.  "hee hee healthy chocolate chip cookies!  That's funny!"  Nonetheless I went my merry way in getting all the ingredients out to make the cookies.

Sure enough i didn't have any whole wheat flour on hand or enough butter.  So I set about improvising.  I don't know what her's tasted like, but mine were amazingly moist.

Here's my modified recipe due to lack of ingredients.

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup applesauce
2 eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar

2 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup of ground flax seed
2 cups of chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.
In large bowl, mix butter and applesauce together.  Add sugars.  Add egg one at a time, mixing well between each one.
In separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and flax seed.  Add to butter mixture.  Add the chips.
Drop by tablespoonfuls on baking sheet, and bake for 9-10 minutes.  (time depends on oven and how crispy you want them).

From start to finish the recipe took me 20 minutes and I made 4 dozen cookies.

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails