Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A little love in the House!


Hello!!

As promised... I'm back with my first ever Loving My home Linky party.

As usual my projects never go according to plan. 

uuuuggghhh.

I actually blogged about this project a few weeks ago.

I was sooo frustrated with it, that I ended up just putting it aside for awhile.

But now it's done... and I'm sooooo happy with it.

Here's where I first started with this project.


And NO it looks nothing like what I first started out creating,
cause I saw something else that I liked even more on another blog.
(but now I don't remember where, so it's you, let me know, k.?)

So I painted the frame all-white.

(this is a before-before picture)

Then I picked out my scrapbook papers. (I have tons to choose from, cause... well... I'm a scrapbooker)
 For a little contrast I used one Fuschia scrapbook paper with the word "LOVE." printed on it, and I used the heart punch by Martha Steward that I picked up at Michaels to punch it out.
 (with a 40% coupon of course)

  


Then I marked out my paper, so that the hearts were all spaced out evenly and used 3D foam squares to raise them off the page. (you can get these anywhere scrapbook paper is sold.)




Here it is on a little table in my living room with a little dollar store birdie that I spray painted last year.
(I love that I missed the beak underneath. :-))


And here's the final project. I put it in my kitchen and it makes me smile everytime i walk by.

And now it's your turn.

How have you shown a little love in your house recently?


(please spread the love, and link back here so others can join in.)

I'm also joinning these parties:




 


3 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I love your project!!! Super cute and crafty! Thanks for hosting and letting me know the linky was up.

-heather

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute! I've seen this done with butterflies too! I love Martha Stewart punches.. they're awesome!

Roeshel said...

So sweet! I love it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails