Sunday, March 7, 2010

Small table Redo

What a beautiful weekend.  I woke up to birds chirping outside my window.  What a great sound.

The kids were playing outside all day.  Although the snowbanks are still melting, the sun was shining.  Of course I hate to jinx myself and get too excited and then we get hit with another downfall.  I hate to be Debby Downer but that's my reality living in Southwerstern Ontario.

So, while the kids played, I did some playing myself.  Recently,  I found this little side table at Goodwill for $4.99.  It was ok... but the colour of the wood didn't really match my other dark furniture in the house.


So I got out some paint Black Satin leftover from the Powder Room cabinet re-do (which I will show you soon) and got painting.



I started off by painting the legs and everything and then changed my mind and wiped the paint off.


I loved how some of the paint got into the grooves and scratches.  I didn't sand it down first cause... let's face it... I'm lazy.


ooops... look at those stroke marks!! I still need to do a light coat of Poly to protec it and then I think I will use it in my son's bedroom.


 Here it is again.  What do you think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails