Monday, December 14, 2009

Roasted Pork Loin with Tomatoe Sauce

I've been inspired by $5 dinners to create delicious meals for under $5. And, I think I did it.

I bought the Pork loin Centre meat on sale at $4.34kg - which was a cost to me of $6.14 divided by 2 meals $3.07. We had half of it for dinner and I froze the other roasted half for another night. The ingredients consisted of can of diced tomatoes with herbs & spices bought for $0.89 on sale and pouch of Lipton's onion soup ($0.50). I served it with green beans and potatoes. The total meal came in under $5. And delicious!
















Roasted Pork Loin with Tomatoe Sauce
  • 1 Pork loin
  • 1 can of Diced tomatoes with herb & spices
  • 1 pouch of onion soup
  • 1 cup of water
  • Salt & Pepper
Put pork loin in center of roasting pan. Add cup of water to roasting pan . Sprinkle pouch on onion soup over top and pour diced tomatoes cover. Sprinkle with Salt & pepper as desired.

Roast uncovered in oven at 400 degrees for 60 minutes until meat thermometer reads 160.

Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.

(You could also use crock pot for 6-8 hours)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails